Saturday, February 4, 2012

Website Design Critique

For my website design critique I picked two websites to examine, both examples of great design practices.  The first website I chose to look at was a site for a small business located in New York City and in Los Angeles.  The business is called Blind Barber.  I found the website after Googling "best designed websites".  I chose to start my critique with an award winning design concept so I would have something to compare the other sites that I was looking at to.

The second site that I chose was a site that I look at almost everyday.  This site belongs to a gym called Guerrilla Fitness.  This is a gym that my husband belongs to.  The gym's website design had a lot to do with me choosing this gym for him (it was a present from me).  I think that it exemplifies the basic design concepts that Glomsky and Hagen (2010) discuss.

Before you view my screencasts I would like to let you know that my Internet connection and/or my computer is very slow today.  So some of my words blend together and the video may lag a bit.  I tried to re-record the second part of my critique twice, but the best version of what I was trying to convey is posted here.  The point that I was trying to make in regards to the Blind Barber site, that really gets garbled up in my second screencast, is that that particular page in that website (the one with the video) is really just a more advanced approach to the "Works Every Time Layout" that Glomsky and Hagen explained in the White Space is Not Your Enemy text.


No comments:

Post a Comment